Hours of Operation Effective January 1st, 2016
Lobby – Monday and Wednesday 8:15am to 4:15pm
Tuesday 8:30am to 4:15pm
Thursday 8am to 5pm
Friday 7am to 5pm
Drive up – Monday and Wednesday 8am to 4:30pm
Tuesday 8:30am to 4:30pm
Wednesday 8am to 4:30pm
Thursday 8am to 5pm
Friday 7am to 6pm
Call us anytime at 207-877-9474
It is an honor to serve you and we greatly appreciate your continued membership.
As of January 1, 2015 we will no longer be
able to allow regular withdrawals from your Christmas Club or Vacation Club accounts. These club accounts are designed to accept deposits with one large payout annually October 1st for Christmas Clubs and May 1st for Vacation Clubs.
We realize that many of these accounts are used as a second savings, and we have another sub-account that can be used for this purpose. We will work with everyone to make the transition from one account to the other as smooth and easy as possible.
THANK YOU FOR YOUR MEMBERSHIP AND CONTINUED SUPPORT!
This little issue has been around since March, 2015, but we’ve hearing about it quite a bit lately, so we want to remind you that you should never give out personal information over the phone.
The Attorney General’s office has been receiving lots of complaints form people who are receiving phone calls claiming to be the IRS. Fake IRS agents, usually with heavy foreign accents, are calling people and scaring them into thinking they owe back taxes and could go to jail if they don’t pay immediately.
The IRS will NEVER call you if you owe them money. If there is a chance you owe the IRS back taxes you will receive notification through the mail.
If you receive one of these calls DO NOT GIVE OUT YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION. Simply hang up the phone. You can also report the incident to the Attorney General’s Office.
This link will provide several options to reach the AG’s office.
To learn more about the factors to
consider when applying for or using credit cards, please visit
the website of the Consumer Financial Protection Bureau at
For questions about this change, please contact the Credit Union
- Call us before you shop and we can give you the following important information you will need to make the right decisions on your vehicle purchase and get the best price for your vehicle and for all the coverages you choose.
- Trade-in value of your vehicle. If you are trading in a vehicle, know what the dealer should be giving you for your vehicle.
- Buying new vehicle? Make sure you ask to see the MSRP (Manufacturers Suggested Retail Price) of this vehicle. This is the amount we will finance.
- Value of Used Vehicle you are looking to purchase. Make sure you are not paying more than the vehicle is worth.
- Give us a dollar value of what you want to spend and we will give you an approximate payment amount.
- Extended Warranty Insurance quote. New or Used vehicle. Let us quote you our cost of warranty insurance to compare to the dealers price. (Their mark-up is much greater.)
- Gap Insurance. Our price to you $265.00. Compare to the dealer’s price.
- Disability and Life Insurance. Let us quote you our price to compare to the dealers price.
- Once you purchase your vehicle, contact us if you would like to set up payroll deduction for this payment. We also offer weekly, bi-weekly and bi-monthly payment options. Remember, the more frequently you pay on your vehicle loan, the less interest you pay.